Matthew J. Beard, Professional Free-lance Media Professional
Email: email@example.com, Phone: (406) 207-2960
My Profile Featured in the Montana Film Office Database!
October, 2006 – Present
• Editing, Cameraman, Lighting, Sound Mixing, Graphic Design, Customer Service. Produced commercials, corporate promos, educational DVDs for clients including Grammy Award Nominee Aimee Allen (Hairspray, 2007), United Way, American Truck Wash, Sammons Trucking, Chicks ‘N’ Chaps, Townsquare Media, Montana Policy Institute and more
2009 PBS’s Faces of America TV series starring Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
• Ark Media, Insignia Films in Brooklyn and Manhattan, New York, NY. Production Assistant, Assistant to the Editor, Transcriber, Errands, Boxing and shipping materials, Assistant to Camera, Gaffer, organizing tapes and labels, research, office duties
TRD Enterprises (Ontario, Canada) Yankee Fans Gone Wild!
• Produced an HD film of celebration of the New York Yankees World Series title against the Philadelphia Phillies
September to November, 2008
Hellgate Middle School Flagship, Misadventures of Dude
• Produced a short stop-motion animation commercial with young middle school students while facilitating media lessons and discussion. 3rd place, Western Montana State Fair
2006-2008 We Want to be Sweat Free
• 26 minute documentary on labor rights featured on FSTV in Denver, CO. Chosen for NewFilmmakers Summer Film Festival, New York City.
2006-2008 Continuing Education Department, University of Montana
• Filmed and edited educational DVDs and Youtube videos for teachers on campus, audio recordings for professors
2006 The Cost of a Coke
• 30 minute documentary on the Coca-Cola Company featured on FSTV in Denver, CO
2006-2008 University of Montana (B.A. degree in Media Arts, background in Broadcast Journalism, Theater), 3.1 GPA
2004-2005 Montana State University – Billings (Communications/Theater), 3.27 GPA
References (available only by e-mail)